The abstract submission process for the 7th International Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference (7iYGEC) 2021 is now open.Submit your Abstract
All abstracts are to be submitted to the 7iYGEC 2021 Conference Secretariat via the link above by 31 October 2020. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Abstract submission guidelines.
- ISSMGE member societies are to coordinate the submission of abstracts. No more than 4 abstracts may be submitted by each member society.
- Abstracts must be written in English or in French.
- Abstract submissions must include abstract title, author(s)’ name(s), affiliations, ISSMGE member society, up to five keywords, and a presenting author biography (up to 100 words).
- In order to qualify for attendance at the 7iYGEC, registrants must be aged 35 or under as at 31 December 2021 and must be the primary author of the paper.
- Abstract body including references should be in text only and should not exceed 250 words.
- All abstracts should clearly state: Objectives, Methods and Conclusions.
- The abstract submission portal will be available from 13 January 2020 until 31 October 2020. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- No individual author may submit more than 1 abstract.
- The maximum number of abstracts accepted will be 100 and all delegates are expected to present at the conference. Registration is not available to delegates who are have not had a paper accepted to the conference.
- The best 2 abstracts from each member society will be selected for presentation at the conference. Member societies are encouraged to rank in order of preference the abstracts submitted for the consideration of the selection committee. If following the first round of selection, the conference quota of 100 is not filled, the third best abstracts from each member society will be selected, then fourth best until the conference quota is filled.
Should you have any enquiries regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact the Sydney 2021 Conference Secretariat.
- Abstracts OpenDecember 2019
- Abstracts CloseOctober 2020
- Presenters NotifiedDecember 2020
- Registrations OpenDecember 2020
- Paper SubmissionJune 2021
- Early Bird Registration ClosesApril 2021
- 7iYGEC Sydney10 - 12 September 2021
- ICSMGE Sydney 202112 - 17 September 2021