Bright Spark Lecture Award
Announcement to young geotechnical engineers
To promote young members of the ISSMGE to play a major role in various international and regional conferences, the President of ISSMGE, Professor Charles Ng, created the Bright Spark Award for promising young geotechnical engineers/academics to deliver keynote and invited lectures at these conferences.
The Young Member Presidential Group (YMPG) and the ISSMGE wish to invite all ISSMGE member societies to nominate their most promising young geotechnical engineers as candidates to speak at a keynote session at the 20th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering in Sydney, Australia (http://icsmge2021.org) in September 2021. Two young engineers will be chosen. They will have the opportunity to present their work as the recipient of the ISSMGE Bright Spark Lecture Award.
The awardees will be invited to present a 30 minute keynote lecture at the conference and write an associated paper, which will be included in the conference proceedings. The Bright Spark Award will be presented to young geotechnical engineers who produce mature research containing major contributions to the intellectual community.
The Award criteria are as follows:
- Age 36 or under on the last day of the conference (17 September 2021)
- First call of nominations due 1 August 2020
- Limit of 3 nominees per member society
- Both English and French papers and lectures are welcome.
If you are interested in applying, please contact your ISSMGE Member Society. Member Society contact information can be found on https://www.issmge.org/the‐society/member‐societies. If you are not able to get in touch with your Member Society, please send an inquiry to [email protected].
- Registrations OpenSeptember 2020
- Abstracts Closed
- Presenters NotifiedFrom September 2020
- Paper SubmissionJanuary 2021
- Early Bird Registration ClosesApril 2021
- ICSMGE Sydney 202112 - 17 September 2021